Bibliobules Live Event Volunteer Terms & Conditions
(Last updated: Oct. 21, 2015)
If you are considering to be a Volunteer for a Bibliobules Live Events, please read the following carefully. This document is subject to change without notice.
In exchange for free access to your assigned Bibliobules Live Event, you agree to and understand the following:
- It is your responsibility to make appropriate arrangements to ensure that you arrive at the Venue. Any and all costs to get to or return home from the venue is at your own expense and will not be reimbursed by Bibliobules.
- As a Volunteer, you are aware that you may receive information regarding the Bibliobules Live Event prior to that of the general public and will only share such information when permitted by Bibliobules. The majority of such information will be provided via a Bibliobules private Facebook group.
- Special and specific times outside of the Bibliobules Live Event schedule timeframe will be issued to you by Bibliobules in order to assist with setup and/or teardown for the event.
- As a Volunteer, you agree to assist with online promotion of the Bibliobules Event in which you are volunteering, which may include but not be limited to; posting, liking and sharing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or other social media platforms.
- Food and drinks that are provided before, during or after the Bibliobules Live Event for the Featured Authors/Bloggers, staff and attendees is also provided to you free of charge. If liquor is provided, please drink responsibly.
- You are aware and recognize that you may have direct contact with Bibliobules staff, subcontractors and its attending authors, bloggers and community members and are expected to be respectful of space, property and privacy at all times.
- You understand that you will not be required to assist during the enter event, allowing you to relax and enjoy the festivities as well.
- You are allowed to bring cameras and cellphones for communication and picture/video taking, but understand that you may be requested to not take pictures or videos in particular settings or times of the event. You understand that if you do not accept such requests, that you may be asked to leave or be removed from the event.
- You understand that pictures and videos may be taken by Bibliobules representatives, subcontractors, event attendees at any time, and you give your express consent to your actual or simulated likeness being included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audiovisual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world, the copyright to which shall be owned by Bibliobules or its contractors without payment or compensation. If you attend a Bibliobules Event with your child aged under 18 years, you give the foregoing your express consent on their behalf. This includes filming by the police or security staff that may be carried out for the security of everyone in attendance.
- All Volunteers are asked to observe and comply with safety advice, site signage and ‘No Smoking’ areas. Normal statutory rules and regulations apply and should be observed at the Event and failure to do so may result in ejection from the Event.
- You will not bring into the Venue or display or distribute (whether for free or not) at the Event any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials unless otherwise permitted by Bibliobules with prior written consent.
- You agree that the Bibliobules, its servants or agents will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including Yourself) or property however caused (including by Bibliobules or its servants or agents): (a) in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by the Biblibules or any of its servants or agents; (b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury as a result of a breach of a legal duty of care owed by the Bibliobules, its servants or agents); and/or (c) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from the breach by You of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond Bibliobules’ control including, without limitation, an act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, royal mourning, national mourning, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, weather, third party injunction, national defence requirements and/or acts or regulations of national or local governments. Bibliobules will not be liable to you for failure to perform any obligation under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision(s) and remainder of these Terms and Conditions valid or enforceable.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties in connection with the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and supersede any previous terms and conditions, agreement or arrangement between you and Bibliobules relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall purport to exclude liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- This Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with law and jurisdiction of the state of Wyoming in the United States and the parties agree that Wyoming courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this agreement.