- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter #3)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter #5)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter #6)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7)
Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy. He lives with his Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and cousin Dudley, who are mean to him and make him sleep in a cupboard under the stairs. (Dudley, however, has two bedrooms, one to sleep in and one for all his toys and games.) Then Harry starts receiving mysterious letters and his life is changed forever. He is whisked away by a beetle-eyed giant of a man and enrolled at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The reason: Harry Potter is a wizard! The first book in the "Harry Potter" series makes the perfect introduction to the world of Hogwarts.
About the Author
J K (Joanne Kathleen) Rowling was born in the summer of 1965 at Yate General Hospital in England and grew up in Chepstow, Gwent where she went to Wyedean Comprehensive. Jo left Chepstow for Exeter University, where she earned a French and Classics degree, and where her course included one year in Paris. As a postgraduate she moved to London to work at Amnesty International, doing research into human rights abuses in Francophone Africa. She started writing the Harry Potter series during a Manchester to London King's Cross train journey, and during the next five years, outlined the plots for each book and began writing the first novel.