- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter #3)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter #5)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter #6)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7)
The summer holidays are dragging on and Harry Potter can't wait for the start of the school year. It is his fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and there are spells to be learnt and (unluckily) Potions and Divination lessons to be attended. But Harry can't know that the atmosphere is darkening around him, and his worst enemy is preparing a fate that it seems will be inescapable ...With characteristic wit, fast-paced humour and marvellous emotional depth, J.K. Rowling has proved herself yet again to be a master story-teller.
About the Author
J K (Joanne Kathleen) Rowling was born in the summer of 1965 at Yate General Hospital in England and grew up in Chepstow, Gwent where she went to Wyedean Comprehensive. Jo left Chepstow for Exeter University, where she earned a French and Classics degree, and where her course included one year in Paris. As a postgraduate she moved to London to work at Amnesty International, doing research into human rights abuses in Francophone Africa. She started writing the Harry Potter series during a Manchester to London King's Cross train journey, and during the next five years, outlined the plots for each book and began writing the first novel.